Sunday, March 12, 2006

An Album I Purchased Today

One of the greatest rewards listening to a station like WEVL is the exposure to so many different musical styles and genres. Artists that I never even thought I would be exposed to or even care about are now amazing me each day with their timelessness. As for today's purchase, I have always loved religious music (Singing Down In Dixie is one of my favorite programs at the station, and, let's face it, the best part of church has always been the music, right?) and this is a great introduction to the soulful side of the Word. My favorite has to be "The Last Mile of the Way" from the Soul Stirrers (from Sam Cooke's early career) or Dorothy Love Coates' "Strange Man".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A great new door opens up to you when you get into gospel music!