Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thursday's Tidbits - Great Lake Swimmers

Despite the fact that Great Lake Swimmers' website claims that their new album Ongiara isn't scheduled for release in the States until May, it's already downloadable on both iTunes and eMusic. I'm not sure if this is a goof up or not, but I wasted no time in finding out. On first impression, the new one hasn't instantly drawn me in like Great Lake Swimmers' previous album, Bodies and Mind. Ongiara just might be one of those albums you have to spend some time with for awhile. And heck, I've got nowhere to go.

- If you need proof that Great Lake Swimmers' singer/songwriter Tony Dekker has one of the most achingly beautiful voices out there, listen to the evidence:

Bodies and Minds
from Bodies and Minds

I Will Never See The Sun
from Great Lake Swimmers

No comments: