Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Music Lovers playlist for 8/10/06

  1. The Freed Pig - Sebadoh from III (reissue)
  2. Los Angeles - The Rosewood Thieves from From The Decker House
  3. Sketches (20 Something Life) - La Rocca from The Truth
  4. I Go To The Barn Because I Like The - Band of Horses from Everything All The Time
  5. The Ruling Class - Loose Fur (by request) from Born Again In The USA
  6. The Rise and Fall of the Letter P - Lambchop from Damaged
  7. Baby Brown Eyes - Damon McMahon from Mansions
  8. Your Boyfriend's Blues - Blood Meridian from Kick Up The Dust
  9. Sour Smoke Comets On Fire from Avatar
  10. Bless Your Blood - Six Organs of Admittance from The Sun Awakens
  11. Ash Wednesday - Elvis Perkins from Ash Wednesday
  12. Perfect - Two Sheds from Strange Ammunition
  13. Everybody Knows - Rufus Wainwright from Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man (Soundtrack)
  14. Willy The Cocoa - Bobtail Yearlings from Yearling's Bobtail
  15. Because Your Light Is Turning Green - The Dirty Projectors from Slaves' Graves & Ballads
  16. Not Quite Easy On The Ryan - Tortoise from A Lazarus Taxon
  17. Bomb In A Trumpet Factory Quantic from An Annoucement To Answer
  18. Quick As Cupid - Matthew Friedberger from Winter Women
  19. Velocity - Vert from Some Beans And An Octopus
  20. Sweet Harmony - Michael Mayer/Tobias Thomas from Total 7
  21. Miserable Girl - Soulwax from Nite Versions
  22. Double Shadow - Junior Boys from So This Is Goodbye
  23. Sing Me 2 Sleep - Chad VanGaalen from Skelliconnections
  24. I Need All The Friends I Can Get - Camera Obscura from Let's Get Out Of This Country
  25. Poison Cup - M. Ward from Post-War
  26. This Year (for Apryl, love ya) - The Mountain Goats from The Sunset Tree

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hayden, This is Steve Montgomery a friend of Andy Dean's... I saw you at blues on the bluff! Your show is so good, I love the play list thing so many times I'm hanging in my truck when I need to be workin just to find what you're playin'!!! Wish I had more time for this kind of thing, but just wanted you to know I'm out here and lovin it.. LATER Steve

Hayden Jackson said...

Thanks Steve. It was great getting to see you at Blues on the Bluff. And thanks for all the kind words!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, dear, for my song. The timing was perfect. I'm really glad that although I missed the first hour and 45 minutes of your show (because a last day at work is awfully busy), I caught those last 15. Love ya too.