Sunday, September 04, 2005

Katrina Relief Benefit - Tuesday (9/6)

Below is an email I received from Jonathan Kiersky about an upcoming Katrina Relief Benefit show:

Hello Everyone
To all of you that this is new to, sorry I haven't gotten you in the loop earlier, but I've been going nonstop for 2 straight days. All of the details are set in stone and we're ready to have an unbelievable night on many different levels. I first want to say THANK YOU to Richard Cushing and Freeworld Jay Valentine and all of his crew, Minivan, Organ Thief, Mike Marshall, Todd Paden and Colin Miller and especially Brookhaven Pub for lending us the venue to do this. Here are the particulars:

Tues Sept 6th @ Brookhaven Pub on Brookhaven Circle
Music starts around 7pm. Donations are listed at $5 (for media outlets purposes) but we have $10 listed on some flyers.

The lineup will be:
Organ Thief, Phil Barnes and Friends, Minivan Blues Band and Freeworld.

Donations will be accepted from 6pm-1am. We want water, nonperishable food, clothes (don't take them to DAV or somewhere like that, please) blankets, money, toothbrushes and things of that nature- things you need to live. All residents of the gulf coast will obviously get in free and will be served dinner on the house. Also, Brookhaven has said that they will open the parking lot behind the patio to accomodate more people and we have the sound system to back them up, so this is going to be one of the best concerts to be held in this town in a long time (the bands will be on the patio stage). We are going to concentrate our efforts on taking care of all of the people stranded in Memphis- the money will go to the Red Cross, but the items brought are going to be handed out be myself and a few other great hearted people on Wednesday at the local spots where people are trying to live a life in the back of a car. One more thing- to all of you who are involved- you are truly fantastic people. Each one of you has gone out of your way to say yes before I could even get the words out of my mouth. Thank you for all of your help. Everyone will receive another email (although you can just send this one out if you want) that I'm going to ask everyone to send to their entire address book.

To the press - if you need me, just call. 901.331.1008. I haven't slept much in a few days and I don't plan on it in until Wednesday night, so I'm always available.

One more thing - there is an Adopt a Musician program going on around town. Jim and WEVL if you can get back to me, I'd love to get some pub out about this great program You guys rock and if I don't see you sooner, I'll see you Tuesday!

Jonathan

No comments: